Saturday, July 07, 2012

Great Thursday night of music

Rather late again with the report on the Sole Bay on Thursday night, been a busy lady …went out again last night for yet more music of a different kind which I will put on the blog as lots more talent out there of a different kind … as Stella always says make the most of life and we do! I am waiting for one of my boys to come and tell me what I am doing wrong when  putting my photos on here! so should be able to post a couple of the Sole Bay later today…

So what a great line up we had and some really wonderful upbeat music they played, as well as the line up on the post below, we had Simon to sing some songs as well.

I was pleased to see a nice crowd, some more new folk coming as well, it makes it all worth while for the band members, as they appreciate a good audience and they certainly had one.

Craig did a grand job on the drums…loved the last one Craig…and lovely to see and hear Barbara again playing banjo, Tony (the prof) on his double bass… so brilliant, he stands there up the corner each week and plays … the backing he provides is really a joy to listen to, nice to see Derek again another brilliant musician…Tony Parsons on the trombone wow, and some great songs… always makes you feel he is singing to you personally… as does Simon it was so good to hear him as he again brings a different style… of course Tim who seems to hold it all together , maybe we should get  a louder and higher mike because sometimes we cannot hear all his witty comments in between the playing and he has such a knowledge of who wrote the music, and you know how I love to listen to his great playing.

So another night of live music thank you Sole Bay it is always a pleasure to hear you playing for us fans…

Looking forward to hearing from Alan about next week already! and I promise to get it on here earlier, as I do know how many people look in to see who is playing even if I do moan that I do not get many comments, I am just pleased that people find this useful.

Thanks to June and all the lovely friends that go to the jazz, how lucky am I!

2 comments:

docan said...

it was nice lively jazz night thurs really enjoy it beryl duncan

Alifan said...

Hello young man it was good wasn't it.