Friday, July 27, 2012

A Very Special Night Of Jazz

I must say first, a night to remember for all the fans of the Sole Bay Jazz gentlemen…

Leading last night Mike Leigh… (sorry Mike for putting on the blog you were playing all night when you were only supposed to be doing a few numbers)… but oh my goodness you have not lost your touch or the singing voice…

Ably assisted by Bill Skinner who plays from the heart…as you can see by the photos!

Trummy wow however many notes he can get in a number…

Backed by Alan (thanks for moving the speaker it was great to hear so clearly) playing guitar and banjo (not at the same time)…

Tony and his string bass which seems to be part of his body and some nice notes flowing from that…

Our Craig again what drumming with the smile and the solo we have been asking for…

I do not think I have ever heard so much applause from the fans…

Not forgetting Simon who seems to have such feeling in his voice nowadays, loving the way he seems to sing to each one of us…

Peter sat in on a couple of numbers for Craig on the drums …

A few numbers  which were even more gorgeous that the rest Tiger Rag being one of them, so wish I could have taped that one, and The end Swing one… but all were really great you deserved all the wonderful appreciation from the crowd.

I am sorry to say I had my camera on the wrong setting so a lot of the photos did not come out good enough but will post a few of the better ones, will I never learn!

Thanks again to all the people who support the Sole Bay and their friends, who faithfully follow them to hear such great music, they so appreciate it…I know a lot of them look in on here, and I am proud to publish their talent even in a small way.

What a lucky person I am …I say it each time as the nights when we go to the jazz are full of lovely music and wonderful friends and laughter.

Thanks again to Heidi as she runs the bar like a real pro… and Jon and Marilyn for making us welcome. We certainly need a few more chairs, bet you did not think we would be so many followers Jon!

So nice that after the football was over last night many of the lads said how much they had enjoyed the band when they came in from playing, maybe a few more fans there!

Looking forward to finding out next weeks line up, when we  hope to see a good crowd again…

 

2 comments:

dive said...

Boffo! You're soon going to have to find a bigger venue.

Alan Cugnoni said...

My thanks to everyone for a great night


Alan