Sunday, October 12, 2008

Flixton pt 1

Just a little taste of where we went last week... have so many photo's that I am trying to sort a few at a time so as not to bore people....as Dive and Fulls Dad was in the RAF and a founder member of our local RAFA, so the boys and I have always been keen to have anything to remind us of how John loved to take us to many many airshows...
This museum is near here, and I was so surprised as to how it had come on since last we saw it....
This of course always reminds me of when we first went to Malta in the 50's the NAFFI was our number one place to go....
The tables wera all set out for a big show that is going on there today, I hope all goes well and they get lots of money they deserve it, they have made a grand place for visiters.
I know this mosaic is not like Dive and Katie saw, but could not resist it....
Not finished yet...
And this is of course a typical Dive shot!!! the one of Mum on the left!!!now you know why he has a weird sense of humour......

More of the plans and museum another day.....

4 comments:

dive said...

COOL! A NAAFI!!!!!
I have GOT to go there.
Oh, and well done for spotting the USAAF mosaic.
I love the Keep mum; she's not so dumb poster. We'll have to get you one of those.
Excellent!

Katie said...

Great photos! As you can imagine, I love the mosaics. I fear that you too will now be a mosaic hunter. Horray, I'm converting the world!!

You must be VERY proud of your amazing son Dive (well, your other son too, but I didn't meet him). Diwe and I had SUCH a fabulous time together, as you've been reading about; I wish could have spent more time together. Next time I visit England I'll drag my mum along and we'll meet up with you and really get into trouble!!

Scout said...

Local museums are always so fun, especially if the subject is something that's important to you.

I love that Keep Mum poster, too. Buy two.

Alifan said...

`hi Katie and Robyn thanks for popping in.

Yes proud of both those boys of mine.