Sunday, April 15, 2012

RAY VAUGHAN

Not to be confused with 'Rave On' as my boys remarked, but  as good as!

I went to my club last night all on my ownsome to hear Ray Vaughan, who is really a part of Buddy Holly tribute band.

I do not think I have ever been to a gig where someone sang so many songs, what a star he was … a great voice… looked good very smart and played the guitar beautifully,  if you read my posts you will know I am a fan of  good guitarists!

I should have known that my friends would not let me be alone, so had plenty of good company, Stella and I had a ball… we had to admit a bit different to our jazz nights, but all 50's music played so well so a very good night. I hope I did not disgrace myself with some of the dancing, think one of my friends may have a thick head this morning, as she danced all night with the aid of some wine, but I had no excuse I just drank lime and soda!  Great Mamba we did (I hope) But as Stella said 'get dancing or you will be like me at over 80 and cannot get up' and for someone who loves to dance that must have been hard, but I did get her up for a little slow dance at the end, never was enough men to go around, and in our day ladies had to dance together, so why not now!

Thanks to all the helpers and Julia & Michael for the nibbles, and all the good company.

Ray is appearing in a Show at the Public Hall soon so may have to go and have a look.

I do hope the club books him again as I have not heard so many requests for someone to keep playing after all that singing and dancing, well done to everyone.


2 comments:

dive said...

I'm so glad that the woman who I called earlier in the day and who was grumbling about headaches and teeth and not wanting to go out and have a good time finally relented and had a great time. Ray Vaughan sounds fantastic.

Alifan said...

Thanks he was, yes I know I did not want to go, but so glad you made me.