Sunday, March 11, 2012

Has Spring Sprung?

This morning looking out of the window I realised how the birds are finding this weather of ours so strange, however I have blackbirds, blue tits, robins and the return of the lovely goldfinches that came last year.

They are enjoying finding some bugs from my garden foliage and flitting around singing away on this bright sunny morning.

So with dafffodils, violets, crocus and other lovely spring flowers poking through the soil it is with hope that spring has sprung, but of course we must prepare for our British weather to turn on us, but I will enjoy this little glimmer of Spring!

It lets me catch up on all the garden work, and makes the thought of garden centres flit in the mind…

2 comments:

TuCods said...

AH! Yes, perhaps it has sprung, but don't get too gung-ho, we are only into the first part of March, and we 'need the rain yer know'.

I was reminded of some popular dittys, so to continue your optomistic theme Beryl, here are some quotes, with apologies to the original authors if these are not strictly correct. However, these deserve an airing, being cheerful ans humorous.

I suspect you will have heard these popular quotes before. Perhaps there are others out there who can add to these?

Spring has finally sprung, the hills are full of grass

And along comes a billy-goat, sliding in his overcoat

Down the summer pass
----------------------------------
Spring is what winta, always go-zinta.
----------------------------------
Spring is sprung, the grass is riz,

I wonder where the birdies is

They say the boid is on the wing.

But that's absoid, the wing is on the boid.

Neil

Alifan said...

Great Neil trust you to cheer me up thanks…
Just cut the grass, very wet…
Hope you and Sandy have a good day. xx