Monday, January 02, 2012

Milestones

 The Phil Brooke quartet + one!
 Phil Brooke.
Jasper Smith. 

Last evening I was again spoilt and had a wonderful evening of jazz with good friends..

Phil Brooke was playing at the Hatfield Hotel which has a basement that is ideal for intimate jazz called 'Milestones' Of course I have only got into jazz again in the past few years, all my friends have been ardent fans for many many years, and I am so grateful that they include me in their journeys to hear live music.

Jasper Smith was fantastic as well a great touch on the strings, reminded me of how my David used to play at his gigs...

The young man in the top photo gets it altogether and he does a grand job, also plays a very good guitar, the bass player and the drummer were at the Green Man the other night, and they of course added to the great jazz.

But to hear the duets of the guitars had to be the highlight for me.

Thank you dear friends for a lovely start to the new year...

1 comment:

dive said...

Great portraits and from what I heard of your CDs, wonderful playing, too.