Saturday, August 18, 2007

Present

The old hand with the sweet bracelet, is mine, Robyn made this for me, and she wrote (much better than I have typed) a card with the following.......

Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd,(white crystal)
I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, (green crystal)
he leads me beside quiet waters, (blue crystal)
he restores my soul.
He guides me in the paths of righteousness (clear crystal) for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,(black crystal)
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, brown crystal)
they comfort me.
You prepare a table (brown crystal) before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil (yellow); my cup (purple crystal) overflows.
Surely goodness and love (pink crystal) will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord (gold crystal) forever.

It was so lovely to meet you in London Robyn, and your smile will always be with me, and now so will the thoughts of Psalm 23, which I have always loved, and now can think of every time I wear my present.......thank you for a truly heartfelt gift.

9 comments:

Robyn Martins said...

I'm so glad you like it--I had a great time choosing the stones and the silver pieces. Enjoy!

Robyn Martins said...

Oh, and happy birthday!

Alifan said...

Thank you Robyn, have just been to show some of my neighbours, who want to know where they can get one!!!! told them it was my special one off......

dive said...

Heehee. Thanks, Robyn. What Mum didn't show in the photo is the big silver helium balloon in her front window with a very large number on it (OW! MUM!)

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

How very kind this was of Robyn. Happy Birthday 'Mum'!

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Oh and Dive. We ladies just don't mention big numbers. Sshh.

Alifan said...

Lynn !!!! actually I do not mind, cannot believe I have reached the 3 score years and 10... because I am only 35 inside!!!!!!

dive said...

Hey, I'm fifty next year.
I'll be fifteen years older than you feel.
Swizz!

Alifan said...

OMG where have the years gone!!!!