Saturday, August 18, 2007

Birthday

Some of my visitors on my Birthday.....I had a really great day, so many phone calls and visitors...cards and presents......also flowers which are so lovely...

Got taken out to lunch to the Waveney House Hotel, where I used to work for many years.....and it has all been renovated, it is gorgeous right by the river..had a great lunch thanks Jan...

Stuart who owns it saw me and got his PA to take me and Jan all round the refurbished bedrooms, what a transformation........ Dive would love it as they exposed all the old beams, and have tastefully oiled them and not painted them.......

Certainly our ghost is still there, when I entered room 8 felt Mary , who walks mainly on the top landing, she is looking for her sailor love who drowned at sea, and she walks the pier which would have been there, as we used to be a fishing port the sea used to be where the hotel now stands....

When I worked there often used to sense her, she is a friendly ghost, but sometimes at 11pm when there were not too many people about, and I was on my own in reception, she made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!!!

And the rest of the day was full of friends and family.... just one missing of course, but he lives in my heart so he was there in spirit...

Hope to see the boys this weekend...I shall be spoiled again.......


This is my great great neice who was christened last Sunday, she is crawling now and only 6 months, whatever happened to babies!!!!
My great niece Emma with Grace, and Maddie brought me the balloon which had to sit in the window to tell everyone how old I am!!!!!! I am only that on the outside, inside I am about 35!!!!!!
Rachael another beautiful great niece with Grace, and in the background my niece making the many cups of tea we had!!!!
Maddie after she had eaten some chocolate cake...

And a big thank you to Jan once again, as she produced a dear little cake with one candle on... as I did not make myself a cake.......

Thank you to one and all for a great day......

No comments: