Sunday, December 24, 2006

CHRISTMAS

Thought I would share a little poem I have had for years, and as so many people are not into Christmas.... thought it might be something for them to think about.... before I start forgive me if I do not put the commas and capitals in the right place (Dive)....

I have a list of folks I know, all written in a book.
And every year at Christmas time I go and take a look.
And that is when I realise that these names are a part,
Not of the book they're written in, but of my very heart.

Each name stands for someone whose path touched mine,
and then, left such a print of friendship that I want to touch again.
And while it sounds fantastic for me to make this claim,
I really feel I am composed of each remembered name.

So never think of Christmas cards as just a mere routine.
Of names upon a Christmas list, forgotten in between.
For when I send a Christmas card that is addressed to you,
It's because you're on that list of folks I am indebted to.

And every year when Christmas comes I realise anew,
The biggest gift life can give,is meeting folks like you.
And may the Spirit of Christmas that forever endures.
leave its richest blessings in the hearts of you and yours....

Happy Christmas....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a similar book of people I swore would be friend for life but are not Christmas card friends. But we never miss a year.