Friday, February 15, 2019

Jazz night…

This Thursday the 14th of February at The Sports Pavilion Ditchingham…

We had a rather interesting line up of Sole Bay and Cool Blue, first time for Barry on piano at the club although he sings with the band, and I thought it was a very good mix …of course it took a little while chatting to get the right notes at the right speeds and something that everyone knew, but they are good musicians so  I think it was so nice to have something a little different so well done to everyone, and of course Ray came along second half so we had the trumpet which I know a lot of you love, which made it more jazzy …and then the change of Barry singing with Ray on the piano another nice mix, and of course a little giggle when Tim announced that Ray was going to do a solo, and both Tim and Alan sat out always nice to have some fun.
Nice shirt Tim!

I had a couple of comments about my saying on here that some people talk loudly would put people off coming to listen to the jazz, but as I said it is a jazz night and we like to listen to the music…and I have written about the band and loud talking on many occasions since 2009 when I first started posting for the Sole Bay Jazz, and as I always say it is my opinion only… so sorry if I have offended anyone!

Lovely to see a good crowd coming along to hear the band…some new faces as well.

Thanks to Christine and Clover for doing the raffle again some lovely prizes which always gets you digging deep and so thank you from the band for supporting them. Also for the tickets folders thanks again.

Emily looking cute and thanks for helping with the change…

A couple of photos and Fudge has some on FB.





No comments: