Friday, August 03, 2012

Sole Bay Jazz

Another different line up last night of live jazz music.

It was very hot and humid there and the band was so spread out, so afraid I did not get any photos,

I hope everyone enjoyed the music which was played as always very well…

Nice to see some more new faces, as some of the usual fans are on holiday it filled the Pavilion up again. Well done Heidi and Jon for coping so well at the bar.

Pity for me the band were spread so far forward, and I as usual had the post to contend with so could only see a couple of the musicians also the speakers seemed a bit wrong for us at the side so the wonderful sound was a bit distorted, but never mind hopefully that was just me.

Because the band was rather static there did not seem to be as much fun going on, but again it may have been just where I was sitting I do like to see the guys…and I have been very spoiled  in the past usually close up … will have to change where I sit I think.

Roy who gave us some good rousing songs which brought some loud cheers, again I could not see him perform his antics because of the post! but by the sound of the applause he did his usual thing.

So will await next weeks line up and we will have another good session of well played live music, and I will make sure I can see and hear more and take some photos, sorry guys but my little camera could not get you all in.  Maybe you can play a bit closer next week?


4 comments:

dive said...

You can't have a brilliant night every night. Don't worry; everybody has the odd duff gig; it's nobody's fault if things don't quite gel as perfectly as they usually do. No doubt they'll perk up next time.
And anyway: that's jazz! The unpredictability comes from the fact that it's a spontaneous and improvisatory art form and it's all the better for it.

Alifan said...

Is that why I go each week and love it, but I have to be truthful about how I feel, and I do try to tell the folk who look on here it is only my opinion.

Alan Cugnoni said...

Difficult to make any justified comments as I was not present but there are many factors as to why bands do not always "get it together" I know most of them < I will leave you all to decide for yourselves as to why, very different line up for the 9th so we shall see what that brings forth.

Alan

Alifan said...

Sorry Alan I was a bit negative about the band maybe because the week before we all had such a ball.

You do a great job finding members to play for us and I can say they are always really good nights, so I should have been more positive but it is always good to have a difference of opinion. The instruments were played beautifully of course just the fun missing.

This week will be great I know and I will make sure I get a good seat, and you will be sure the speakers are where we can hear all the wonderful live music.