Thursday, August 30, 2012

Paralympic Ceremony

I do hope a nice lot of people who look in on here managed to see the brilliant opening ceremony of the Paralympics.

I was so amazed at all the wonderful things that they put on. The Olympic opening for the games was good, rather too much going on for me, but this opening was so easy to understand and appreciate.

One of my Sons has written a great piece on his blog and I could not compete with it… wish I could have pinched it for here! but I hope that the games go well and I admire everyone who has the sheer guts to get on with their lives after such trauma. There but for the Grace of God go anyone of us…

When the Marine came down on the wire to light the flame wow I could not believe how they managed that one.

The whole show was beautiful and tasteful. Wonderful singing and the dance with the man who had lost his legs fantastic…

"You are what you are" sang at the end sums it all up.

Well done to all and good luck for the games "bring it on"…


1 comment:

dive said...

No need to steal my post, yours is excellent.
What a great night it was. I can't wait for the sports to start.