Sunday, May 20, 2012

JAZZ LINE UP 24th May

I do not know where the time goes it seems to fly nowadays, maybe because Thursday nights seem to be what part of my life revolves around. I am not sure how come I got so involved with the Sole Bay Jazz but oh so glad I did, I am a newbie compared with a lot of the people who attend the jazz and they have become such good friends …and you know age does not matter it is what you do with your life that makes you, it is such a pleasure to watch the audience on a Thursday night, all ages enjoying the music, I am really thankful  to be part of it. I am also pleased they allow me to chat about them on my blog.


So this week we have another change in the line up Alan has done a good job again getting these fine musicians to entertain us.


Alan Cugnoni…Tony Jullings… Craig Hipperson 
who are the backbone of the line up, and fronting this week we give a big welcome back to Bill Skinner with his saxophone skills…Bill Brewer will also be showing his skills on the trombone and he keeps it quiet but I hear he has a good singing voice, but he will deny that, and I will get wrong for putting that on here, sorry Bill! however he  does play a really melodic trombone…Ray Simmons on the piano, a man of many skills what a good job he did last week… and heading up this week young Simon Nelson… who manages to tour all over the place, but still comes and plays with the Sole Bay when he can…


Well that is a line up not to be missed, so do come along and join in you know where it is…
 The Pavilion,  Ditchingham, near Bungay… 

I am so pleased that the team at the venue gave the band this great place to play, they do such a good job with the football. cricket plus lots of other sport related goings on, but let us loose on a Thursday night to take over with wonderful live music.





2 comments:

Alan Cugnoni said...

You do a great job Beryl with your blog work, now Iv`e got the hang of it you won`t stop me

Alan

Alifan said...

At last Alan so glad you got there in the end welcome to my mad diary!