Friday, May 18, 2012

BRILLIANT

 These photos do not allow you to appreciate how great last night was! but suppose I was so enjoying the music the camera was shaking (so you will have to forgive me but dear Craig who played some wonderful drumming and Alan on the Banjo and Guitar) are not shown.
I am not sure I can put into words how GREAT last night at the Pavilion in Ditchingham was, we were entertained by some brilliant musicians and I can honestly say the audience were all enthralled by the performance.

Ray hosted the evening and played some wonderful Trumpet and Piano pieces, with the really talented Ron Hockett (who we are so pleased he decided to come to our little corner and let us hear his talent for playing the Saxophone and Clarinet).

Backed by Craig on the Drums … Alan on the Banjo …Tony on the Double Bass…and what a pleasure to hear young Simon Denny giving his all with some gorgeous moody songs.

Gentlemen you gave us all a thrilling evening of music which I am sure will remain with us for many a day, a great privilege to have been there, and I would like to thank you all for such a memory, and I know I speak for the crowd of fans who were there, and judging by the amount of applause and cheering that came from everyone you can be assured you were a HIT.

Alan did mention again last night that no one leaves  a comment on my blog, but my Stat counter tells me that a lot of people do look in, so I am not that bothered, but in case you would like to comment (nice ones would be good!) you need a google password and just press comment, where you can leave a message, and then you have to write the silly words that will appear there and put your password in press and hey ho you will see your comment appear, but as I have said it does not matter as long as I know that a lot of people look in, after all it is my blog diary so I do not mind if I am talking to myself!

Once again Thank you so much Gentlemen for a wonderful evening of Music.

10 comments:

Jarrolder said...

Great evening of jazz.The good folk of Bungay are very fortunate.

Tried to video Ron's great solo:
If Dreams come True.

Will attempt to send to Alifan

Alifan said...

Thank you, nice to see a comment on here.

It was a great night we are very lucky so pleased you enjoyed it.

Ruthie said...

What do you mean, no-one leaves any comments? Well, here's one... Last evening was absolutely stunning... What can one say? Ron Hockett and Ray Simmons together... Nothing less than sublime! We felt we had to pinch ourselves to believe that we were listening to such amazing, world-class music in a sports club in little old Bungay! Still, if Bungay can be a bolt-hole for Juian Assange, then why can't it be a venue for some of the most talented musicians around? Can't wait for next week... Simon Nelson, Bill Skinner, Bill Brewer... Tell the world Beryl!

Alifan said...

Thanks Ruth will put the line up on soon.

Alan Cugnoni said...

What can I say all you guys who turned up said it all my thanks to Ray, Ron & Simon along with Tj & Craig in the back with me for making it a truly great night, plus Beryl, Kieth & the Maltings team.

KEEP SREADING THE WORD " ALL BRING SOMEONE NEW EVERY WEEK"

Alan

www.hotjazz.co.uk

docan said...

truely great night i think every one enjoy it i know i did

dive said...

Sounds like a wonderful night, and I'm so glad Blogger stopped putting that stupid comment block thing on so other people can write in.
Great photo of (is it Simon?) hitting himself on the chin with a microphone, by the way.

Alan Cugnoni said...

Most comments ever I think keep them coming out there.

Alan

Alifan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JuneR said...

great night all round, look forward to next Thursday.