Friday, December 02, 2011

Thank You..

I have decided to split the report of the Sole Bay Jazz from last night as wanted to just say a few thank you's.

Firstly of course to the band, who last night once again gave us some really great live jazz music, I have taken some photos and will post later, and maybe a video at a later date albiet a rather shaky one I think.

Thanks go I know from the Sole Bay to all the great fans regular and occasional who support these musicians, and I am proud to be one of them.

A thank you to the Social Club who have let us into their premises and for the football players who suddenly have found their venue overtaken by jazz fans..I do hope that some of them will join the jazz crowd when they realize what good jazz musicians we have that come to play for us.

The staff at the club have welcomed us with open arms, and a big thank you to them, I think I can say that we were all a little worried what it would be like at a social club, but I think it is also fair to say that the venue is  proving to be a success thanks to them all, how good of them to let us move tables and chairs, have a warm and comfortable clean spacious place to listen to the jazz, and the bar staff who provide a smile and the drinks to us all, having been a landlady I do appreciate them..also thanks for having some food laid on, something which was not expected at the start of moving to the Maltings, I have managed to not have a peep in the kitchen as yet, but having spent a lot of my life loving cooking, am always interested in other peoples kitchens!

I personally would like to mention a thank you to the landlord of the Buck who decided he did not require the band or us fans anymore, because he has done us all a great favour by not appreciating the musicians or the wonderful crowd of people who support them, thank you all and hope that it may continue to flourish at the new venue.

Thank you to all who do look in on my blog, I do hope you forgive some of my ramblings, but I also hope that you will pass on news of the jazz to those who do not have a computer.

Just to add how good it was to see the Denny family back again and Keith looking in much better health.

Look forward to next week and meeting up with you good people, but I will post some photos when I get home from shopping of last nights gig.

3 comments:

dive said...

Hee hee. Nice swipe at the Buck. I'm glad the move has been a success.

Alifan said...

You have a bad mother ha ha..

dive said...

Now I know where I get it from.