Friday, November 04, 2011

SO BE IT!

I have chosen 'AMEN 'as the title of this post, as last night the landlord of the Buck at Flixton, decided he no longer wished for the Sole Bay Jazz Band to be held there. For strange reasons I must admit, as having been in the trade for many years, I would have loved to have such a good friendly crowd in my public house , but after nearly 3 years we say goodbye to the Buck.      

So it was our last night..


All night I have been going through what I would like to put on here, but 'so be it' will say it all and we start a new Thursday night Sole Bay at a new venue.


First I would like to thank Alan as he has worked hard with others to sort this problem out, I cannot believe that such a brilliant crowd of jazz musicians cannot find a decent place to play on a Thursday night, but thanks to him and friends the Thursday night venue will be..


THE MALTINGS PAVILION, PIRNHOW STREET, DITCHINGHAM, BUNGAY 
NR35 2RU..


They have a bar and a dance floor I have been informed but no food, but do we need food?  have something to eat earlier before you come and hear these great musicians. I am sure we will have a wonderful time.  Alan has sent the line up but I will pop that on the next post, because, I wish to say a few things on here.


Last night was a great night of jazz, thank you all the band and although spoilt a bit with the worry of being the last time there, the music and singing was a really high standard.  Among the line up ,which was in the below post, we had Roy singing as well...


I would just like to say a big thank you  to all, I  think myself so lucky to have found such good friends to share Thursday nights with.


Now Sheila, our dear friend who has had her operation, which thank God has turned out well, and such a brave lady, would like to say a huge thank you for all the cards and messages of good will she has received since her op..I must say her family rallied around to make life more comfortable, and Keith we know how hard it has been for you to see your loved one go through all that, but onwards and upwards, keep up the good work Sheila we are all behind you.

So Adieu to the Buck and on to the Maltings Pavillion. Look forward to seeing a good crowd to ensure  the Sole Bay know how much we think of them.. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear that the Sole Bay has left the Buck. It's been a few weeks since Eileen and I have been but we always enjoyed our meal and keeping our table for the jazz.

That's Phil's loss - there won't be so many restaurant covers or as big bar takings on a Thursday in future. There must be more to it - tell us when we next see you.

Alan would do well to contact Katherine at Loddon Mill Arts - http://loddonmillarts.co.uk - another venue perhaps?

See you soon. x

Alifan said...

Hi Brian and Eileen, thanks for looking in.

Yes what a shame , but never mind, although the new venue does not provide meals if we stay there, you never know!

The Broome Artichoke does great meals I am told, and the Duke of York is just around the corner from the new venue..

See you soon..