Monday, November 07, 2011

Dixie at the Diplomat

I have borrowed the title from Jean and Vic's flyer as it is cute!

Yesterday I was spoilt again, (getting a habit! )

I was invited to the Diplomat at Coltishall to see the Norfolk Dixieland Jazz Band, thank you Tim and for lunch, great company as always...hope I did not chat too much. thanks also to the three "J's" for making it an enjoyable lunchtime, Jean, Judy and Jill.

I think the guys were really good, I am very partial to the guitar as both my boys play, so maybe the old ears are tuned to that... it was jazz which was uplifting and fun, I am sorry I clap so much Judy, habit from the weekly gigs. 

Vic on the drums, Tim reeds.. Bill trombone..another Vic on double bass..and John trumpet and songs..as I said Peter on guitar.

Why they always put a light behind people when I want to take photos I had better get back to the drawing board with this camera, hope yours came out better Jean.

A lovely venue and such friendly people, (nice clean loo's). Thought you ought to know that. An ex landlady always looks for clean loo's..

You will notice Jill singing with the band she did a couple of numbers,she is with the double bass player Vic, Jill has her own band where she lives, and what a gorgeous voice and great personality, she  hopefully will be moving this way in the future, so I do hope she will sing sometimes with the Sole Bay Jazz, will have to chat Alan up to include her. Tim I think would be pleased to hear her again.

We always used to go to the air base to watch the displays when it was a working base, and so brings back good memories.

So thank you all..

1 comment:

dive said...

A nice combination of colours and so good to hear new talent.