Friday, May 20, 2011

Garden again

This Rose is called Deep Secret, another of my John's favourite roses. The perfume is gorgeous.
This little corner is near the old summer house, and the blackbirds have been in and out of their nest in the Wisteria while I sat there with Oscar, just hope he keeps ignoring the birds!!

The rose is Golden Showers, and the pink one in the background is a thornless Zephirine Drouhin, they also smell delicious..
The roses have all come out early this year, just hope they keep blooming for a nice long time...The Iris is a lovely flower . I won a competition to go to Art School many years ago, by painting an Iris, so it has always been a favourite of mine.

2 comments:

dive said...

You really have got the hang of that camera now. What beautiful flowers.

Alifan said...

Yes nice to take photos instead of always working hard in the garden,but a pleasure when you can see the results..I have not got Dads green fingers but I try...