Sunday, June 29, 2008

Early morning flowers...

Just popped out into the garden to water the hanging baskets, so thought I would show you a few little spots of sunshine!
Sunflowers and Lavender to cheer the day...
This rose is called Evelyn May. which was my Mothers name, and Jan got both my brothers and me one it is a pity you cannot smell the perfume it is delicious....
And this little beauty is my oriental poppy which never blooms where it should this year it decided to come up near my pot of courgettes, and feverfew.....

4 comments:

dive said...

Love the roses.
That oriental poppy is just weird.
Thanks for posting these. It saves me going out into your garden with my hay fever. Ick.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous flowers.

arlene,
Gig Harbor florist

Dina said...

lovely flowers. you can't keep any of them here in this heat!! thanks for stopping by. Love the cake you made. have a nice week.

Shan said...

Just popping in to see your latest pics. What gorgeous flowers!! I'll not be photographing mine right now, they all look a little shriveled due to my neglect. How special that Evelyn May flower must be to you. Nice that it is so pretty and fragrant with that name. :)