Friday, March 24, 2017

The Chorus of St Cecilia

Last evening I was very spoilt again by Jan my sister in law, and  my niece Elizabeth, who with  the wonderful voices of the St Cecilia Choir at the Pavilion Theatre Gorleston…I enjoyed a great evening of live theatre…

Called 'Glorious Broadway' it certainly was glorious, just like a West End Show… I have seen them a few times in the past when Elizabeth used to sing with the choir, but they outdid themselves last night.

Matthew Hardy the musical director in charge as always …even after suffering an illness before Christmas…, has come back with a bang. The pianist Chris … bass player Alison and the drummer Les were so good and I was near enough to watch the pianist play, although with the wonderful Chorus and the Junior Choir with some of their lovely voices of the soloists  I did not know where to look everyone was first class, the setting and costumes just perfect, and one of the little lads who I could not take my eyes off, a little mischief of a face so young and a beautiful voice as all the juniors were.

A packed audience who appreciated everything, you could hear a pin drop in some of the sadder songs, and the applause was deafening …

We heard songs from Cabaret…Annie…Oliver…Les Miserables…Miss Saigon…Top Hat…Matilda…Guys and Dolls…

All beautifully dressed in different costumes the singers looked amazing and added to the feel of the show.

Apart from when tears came at some of the wonderful lyrics the smile did not leave my face, I was actually enthralled with everything. Sorry for those behind as could not keep still, had to go with the music it was so catchy, although I think I held my breath through 'empty chairs and tables"

I think they are fully booked for the next 3 nights, but if you get a chance to see and hear the Choir at any time do go and see them. Although I think they out did themselves last evening so very well done to them dedication personified…

Thanks Jan and Elizabeth for a wonderful evening…

No comments: