Friday, January 31, 2014

Sole Bay Jazz…

I know I do keep saying on here, how lucky we are that on Thursday nights at the Sports Pavilion, Ditchingham. The Sole Bay Jazz Gentlemen perform for us all, but we who love live music are getting treated to some really great talent. You would have to pay a lot to get such a good night of music as we enjoyed last evening…

Ron …Tim …Craig …Ray …Alan …Tony… played us a great evening of upbeat music and fun…
With Roy and Jenny giving us some lovely vocals…

What a great crowd as well, I know the Band appreciates the fans, and so you who look on here will know how much it means to them… But I know that we who go to the live music get such a lot from them. Music is great and so are all you who come along to the sessions. It has turned out to be like a friendly Club, where we can meet people who like music and good company.

Thanks Heidi another busy night, and you cope so well…






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really felt for poor Ray when he was addressing us regarding the plight of The Beccles Music Festival and it was easy to see that he was very uneasy about it. Considering the quality of entertainment that Ray and his fellow professionals provide for us for the next best thing to a pittance,I really think that a "thank you" would not be out of order by the "Sole Bay Jazz" fans paying, until September, a £1 entrance fee at the door as a donation towards Ray's fund raising efforts. Following September, when we are in the habit of making this great sacrifice, there may be other charities than we can help to fund.

Alifan said...

Nice thought Brian, but afraid I try and help as much as I can for the Sole Bay. I am committed to that as a friend.

But think Ray has a lot of connections that he can call on to help with his fund raising. And I do support the Beccles Music Festival.

We cannot charge people to come into the jazz and although I admire Ray for what he wants to do I feel it would not be the right thing to involve the fans of the Sole Bay jazz fans at the Sports Pavilion.

However nothing to stop people giving if they want to.