Wednesday, November 13, 2013

'The Cottage'

Last night I was taken out to a gig (thanks again Tim) at The Cottage , a lovely Public house and Restaurant, that holds the Norfolk Jazz Club…I had never been there before, and it was very nice and a friendly feel to it,.They did some good meals as well by the looks of them.

We were treated to an evening of jazz with Ron Hockett…Ray Simmons…backed by the Simon Brown Trio…

'A varied and exciting programme' the flyer said, and it was certainly different, and very good, of course with such great musicians, I did not expect anything else.

Great playing by everyone, and so good to see so many great musicians in the crowd, must have felt good for the band to have such a musical audience to support them.

So nice to see so many of our Thursday night Jazz pals as well. Great to meet up with Jean and Vic as always.

Alan asked me to take a photo, so I did, not great and, I have cut Brian's head off …sorry…as did not like to get too near, and of course not my place like the Pavilion is, where I wander about taking the photos.

So thank you all had a great evening…

2 comments:

Alan Cugnoni said...

Thanks Beryl sure was a good evening of quality talent!

Alan

Alifan said...

Indeed Alan