Monday, September 10, 2012

PARADE…

This afternoon I sat, as I am sure many others did to watch the parade to celebrate the Olympics and Paralympics…All the athletes that took part and the many people that made it possible…
Great Lions …bet the people in them were tired by the time they reached Buckingham Palace…
Some of the crowd which were lining the streets of London Town…
The Gold statue welcoming the Golden athletes…

The Red Arrows finishing the parade…
I do hope the great feeling that both games have brought to this country continues in the future… it will certainly get some of the children who have been sitting in front of the TV to get out and get into sport… well done to all.

6 comments:

dive said...

Fun! Now you've finished watching the Olympics and Paralympics, get back down to the pool and start swimming again (he nagged).

Alifan said...

Ye forget this old body. too cold in the early mornings and they close this month. I will however keep up the walking, in between cutting all these shrubs down in the garden, not bad for an old un!

What sport do you do ( she nagged) tee he.

Sandy said...

After Sunday's finale thought I would have no excuses & have to get back to the old routine - but no! Another whole afternoon spent in front of the tele on Monday. Wasn't it just great? (Loved Boris' speech!) Last night stayed up to listen to radio 5live covering Andy Murray's match - fantastic result. Have definitely overdosed on euphoria!!

Sandy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandy said...

Oops - don't know how I did that
& don't know if I can remove it.
Thought I knew what I was doing!
Sorry for duplication.

Alifan said...

There you are Sandy have deleted the duplicate post tee he…Always lovely to hear from you.