Monday, September 03, 2012

Lifeboats…

I do not normally put two posts on in one day, but I would just like to advertise this event…

On Tuesday the 18th of September …Palmers of Lowestoft are holding a Fashion Show in aid of the Lowestoft Lifeboat. 

It is being held at The Rookery Park Golf Club… Carlton Colville, Lowestoft …start time 7.30pm tickets at £6 include a complimentary glass of wine or juice.

I have always admired the brave folk that give their time to helping those in trouble and if you look back on my blog you can find some good photos of the lifeboat. My friend June is amongst others who help with the running of the little shop… all volunteers…

I have been lucky enough to help in a very very small way and the Strawberry Fair post will show what lovely people all help with raising money for the upkeep of the lifeboat.

So come and support the event as you never know when we or someone we love will be in need of their help.

 Of late there have been many stories on the TV and radio about people getting lost at sea or even deaths but without the help of these good people there would be many more, so dig deep and spend a little time enjoying the fashion parade meeting friends and helping these fine folk.

Ring Susan Sewell on 01493 488268 for tickets, or contact me and I can put you in contact with other ways of obtaining tickets.

Keep watching this space for a great line up on Thursday for the Sole Bay Jazz Band!!!!!!

No comments: