Sunday, October 30, 2011

TOCCATA DUO

Last evening at the Beccles Conservative Club, we celebrated the 100th anniversary of the Club, they had a dinner a week ago but not all of us could go to that, so we had an evening for those who missed out. And the cake..Which turned out OK, madeira is so hard to get right, but everyone said nice things....and thanks to Julia and Michael for a nice buffet meal as well.

Toccata have been at the club several times, but each time I missed them, but not again, they are a fantastic duo, not only great voices, but a real feelgood act. From pop to musicals and then at the last a request from Jim as it was his birthday, Ava Maria, sung by one of the girls.wow is the only word I can say, what a performance. You truly could have heard a pin drop even on the carpet.

Tears were flowing when they sang some of the hit musicals past and present, it  really was like being at a theatre and Les Mis. was mind blowing. As you can see I enjoyed it very much.

Jim I hope you like the photos , you were very brave. phew that was great entertainment.

I was not sure I wanted to go on my own, of course I know nearly everyone there, but it was 9 years since my darling John passed away,  although I felt he was  there with me as he is always, he and my brother Derek who we sadly lost this March loved the club where they spent many happy hours playing snooker, maybe not well but with enjoyment.

So thank you friends for making my night, and keeping me company..and today,  as the post says below, today we have the Footwarmers playing jazz at lunch time. Watch this space..

2 comments:

dive said...

Looks like a splendid evening was had by all. The duo sound wonderful, though now you'll have to go back and spell their name right.

Alifan said...

I did not notice the spelling as I took the name from the 'whats on at the club', so whoever printed that spelt it wrong, of course I am very pleased you noticed it, but why didn't I!!!!