Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lowestoft Lifeboat..

My friend works as a volunteer at the Lowestoft Lifeboat shop on the South Pier some days, and she asked if I would like to go with her last Thursday, ever eager to try something new, I went along, and apart from a very windy rough bitter cold day, I really enjoyed it, nice to meet and greet families on holidays.
The Lowestoft Lifeboat is reliant on people to donate, they do a really good job, and had already had 2 call outs over the past week...it is a dear little boat and how it battles the rough seas is amazing and the crews are so brave.
One of the crew saw me taking photos so she told me to keep the camera ready as they were having a big lifeboat call in, and wow was it big, it is the Humber one and it made our little Lowestoft boat look so tiny, but they both do the same job, big or little, and I so admire them.
You can see better in this one the difference in size...So next time you are anywhere near a lifeboat shop or when the tins are about in the shops, please spare a little to give to these brave people who risk their lives to save others...and if you get the chance pop into the Lowestoft shop and buy some goodies, lots of nice gifts in there, oh yes of course I came home with some!!
The view from the shop, pity it was not nice and sunny, but the holiday makers were making the best of it.

1 comment:

dive said...

Well done for volunteering! Great photos, too.
Next time you're there, do let me know and I'll see if I can pop along to do some shopping. I could do with a new RNLI sweatshirt to replace my very battered Cromer Lifeboat one.