Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Flixton Air Museum Sunday

The big band looking rather serious before starting to play at the open day at Flixton ...
I wish I could have recorded the sound as well ... it was amazing.. the sound in the hanger was really good....the dancers are from the swing jive group, they were at the Hanger Dance we went to earlier in the year, and taught Liz and I how to do some steps!!
Such energy hope you can imagine how it was....

This is a blur as they were going so fast.....
The Lancaster did a fly past ..a great climb....afraid my little camera could not capture it as on Dives blog at Goodwood, but I tried....
Our friends Bev and Tony ... I know you have some great shots of everything Tony, looking forward to seeing them.....
There is a walk that takes you down to the river, and Jan hid behind me she is like me does not like having her photo taken!!!, and I told you to smile Derek not grimace....you know I like to put the pics on here, so next time grin more!!!

And Liz we will have to learn a few more steps for next year so we can join in, ha ha think I am a little old for that really, but can live in hope...
Anyway a great day ....nice to meet up with lots of friends and family, and old school friends as well.. roll on next year....

4 comments:

dive said...

What fun!
And the Lancaster too! Lucky you.
Looks like a splendid day out. I'm going to have to pop down to Flixton one of these days.

Alifan said...

Yes you will it is great especially on these sort of days....

Scout said...

This looks like a great day out. And don't apologize for your photos—the climbing plane one is great.

Alifan said...

Hello Robyn ......Thanks..