Friday, July 24, 2009

Lowestoft Air Show

Ivan took sister in law and myself to the Local air show today. we have had sunshine, showers of rain, thunder and lightening and got wet and dry again, and had a great time...

But my camera is not good for taking the fast high planes, so hope you can get an idea from the shots I did manage...
The skies were really great
We had half an hour of Red Arrows and they were brilliant.
One upright and one upside down, Oh Katie could have done with your camera!
Sorry but as I said the skies were good....the Red Arrows had just been through with their smoke....
A colourful Hawker Hunter......and the sky got darker...
These wing walkers were very good, the wind was very strong, you would not have got me up there for anything!
The Meteor has to be one of my favourite oldies....
And the Spitfire showing us, although slower, it can do what all the jets can do....

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

Those are fabulous pictures! I guess your Red Arrows are like our Blue Angels. Amazing what they can do. Interesting seeing them against the different clouds. They make a lot of racket, tho; window shaking.

Katie said...

Awesome photos!! I doubt I could have done better. This looks like quite the air show -- I hope to see it someday. Seeing that plane upside down gives me chills though. I could never do that! The Blue Angels perform in SF in October for what they call Fleet Week, but for the last few Octobers I've been in Paris and missed the show.

dive said...

You got some great shots.
Dad would have been delighted.

That first shot of the Red Arrows and the cloud is simply awesome!
I hope you still have the original because I want to steal it.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

Alifan that first one is superb!

Alifan said...

Thanks folks. nice comments...

Scout said...

You get to do the funnest things!

Lupine Lady said...

These are wonderful photos of the Red Arrows. They came to our area this summer, too, and we watched them, but from afar. So my photos show very tiny planes. Unfortunately, at this time of year, the sky is usually murky, so it's only when they have the great smoke trails that we can see them very well. We can hear them, and during their practices before the show we can see them from our house when they're at the top of the big corkscrews.

MmeBenaut said...

Given the speed at which those planes whizz past, your photos are fantastic alifan!