Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Cooking!!!

I thought I would show what I cooked for my tea...because Dive has been putting recipes on his blog.....mine are not as ambitious at his....
This morning I picked a 1lb of my tomatoes and washed and cut them up...sauted a small red onion a red pepper and some basil..put them in my heavy based saucepan, and simmered for 1 hour, a sprinkle of malvern salt and ground in some black pepper.popped it in my sieve and out came this gorgeous tomato salsa....not much for all the time taken but very nice...

Sauted a piece of red onion... field mushroom cut up..diced ham which I had cooked at the weekend.. a piece of broccoli and a few peas... popped some pasta on and lo and behold a big portion of yummy dinner...too much for me..
This is for Pat on Alistairs site!!!! it is called a passion cake but is better known as carrot cake.....I have yet to make the cheese topping....have I made your mouths water????

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Is there any left? I'm on my way! Nice to see you've made pudding too - hehe.

Alifan said...

Hi Lesley.. if I had left the ham out you could have had the "firsts" as well!!!!

dive said...

AUGH! Tomatoes! If I see another tomato between here and Christmas I'll have to consult my Profanisaurus.

That carrot cake looks yummy, though.

Alifan said...

If you are lucky you might get a piece of it!!!!!!

PatC54 said...

Oooo, yummyyyy...that carrot cake looks awfully tempting there Beryl. Just you keep that Dive away or I'll have to wrestle him for it!! I'm just getting my bike out of the shed so I'll be there soon...don't let him in ok? lol

When does the passion bit kick in with the cake btw? It's just that I'll need to take one of me pills to keep the blood pressure down...can't be too careful at my age!

Pat xx
WAVE...Just arrived and am coming through just the gate...cor lummy....you've got a queue right up to the front door out here...did you know? :o

Alifan said...

Pat!!! you are very welcome xxx

Joy said...

The pasta looks delish! But I'll hold the ham, coz I'm pescotarian :) The cake looks good. I used to make carrot cake in Manila, but I can't here since I can't find an essential ingredient - blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese. All they have here are in tubs and they're the wrong consistency. What do you use for your topping?

joy
Norwich Daily Photo

Alifan said...

Hi Joy... I used the Philly soft cheese, seems to hae worked OK it tastes good....

Katie said...

Wow, your pasta dish sounds very much like what I made the other night after raiding my mom's garden! Perfect summer recipe. I didn't make any carrot cake though, and now I wish I'd thought of that. YUM!

Alifan said...

Thanks Katie....let us hope it tastes as good today!!!!!

Scout said...

It looks yummy, as does the carrot cake. I'm so glad to hear you DO put cheese frosting on them. Your son suggests not so, as if only fat Americans would do such a think. Ha.

dive said...

Doh!