Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Sole Bay Jazz Band with friends…

This Thursday evening the 13th September Live Jazz at The Sports Pavilion Ditchingham…

Hope to see a good crowd come along and support the band, it has been a bit thin on the ground of late, and I may not helped as some of the evenings have not been very much fun, so I have not found a lot to chat about on here…and several people have suggested a few things about the band, so felt would just not post the blog in case I offended anyone…although I admire all the members of the band,…as they should know… sometimes it just does not gel for me, maybe because I have been listening for a lot of years and have heard them play with so much more fun between the players, also I seem to have good hearing and find it loud sometimes, HOWEVER my opinion only…

How lucky are we to have free live music every Thursday night with different line ups, and I do appreciate how hard it is to find players that suit every ones taste… Always have been such a fan of the band and try to do the best I can for them all, so here is hoping to a great night this week of not only live Jazz but fun as well.

This week you also have Jan and me doing the raffle so hope we can persuade you to dig deep as you always do to support the band…Clover has sorted the prizes for me so looking forward to some of you enjoying a win!

Alan has got a line up of…


Tony Parsons…Trombone/Vocals…

Ray Simmons…Piano…

Steve Kannell……Saxophone…Clarinet/Flute/Vocals

Alan Cugnoni…Guitar/Banjo

Mick Betts…Bass…

Craig Hipperson… Drums…(welcome back Craig)…

8pm-10.30pm

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Beryl. Thanks for your continued work on your blog.
For my part, I feel every live music event should be fun, first and foremost.
We musicians are simply entertainers, troubadours. We strive to make people feel happy - make 'em smile.
It's just not enough to be skilled & technically adept. That misses the point almost entirely.
That's that of my chest!
Love as always...............Chris. C.

Alifan said...

I agree Chris, I always put your name forward for a gig as love the fun …and you of course… keep blowing xxx