Friday, September 02, 2016

Sole Bay Jazz Band…

The 1st of the month of September at the Sport Pavilion Ditchingham,  where we had 7 musicians to play for us …although the crowd were not as many as usual …but a good few people on holiday I expect. To all those who are unwell missed you. hurry back.

Hope all enjoyed a great night of live music.  It was again a very hot evening and sorry for those who choose to sit near the open fire doors but maybe would have been better to change seats, we did not want the band to pass out with heat…

Maybe a bit too many pit stops for me…kept wanted to say just play never mind which key or who does not know it, but then that is just my opinion,  A lot of the fans enjoyed every bit of it and we are so lucky to have such talent every Thursday evening…I may not have noticed these things while I did the raffle but I suppose sitting down to enjoy the music some seemed a while coming!!!but never the less very good night, some really good playing once the music was decided upon! Thanks to one and all, and rather nice drumming thanks Ron for sitting in for Craig…

Glad Peters photos went down well with most of the regular long term crowd and some of the musicians, nice to see what everyone used to look like! lovely to see Jenny when she was singing.

Thanks for digging deep for the raffle and for Clover and Chris collecting …also the raffle folders as always…

Heidi for that lovely smile plus lots of good friends so thanks again to everyone.

A few photos…As the stats show a lot of people look at the blog, so I will keep it going at the moment even without comments.

Just wanted to also say. Today the 2nd September is a year since Keith Denny passed on, and we miss him, a great man to always have an interest in the Band and starting the raffle to keep it going, so thanks Keith, hope you are looking down to see how things are …and to dear Sheila enjoyed our afternoon, glad you liked the scones! I know you will be looking in here xx






Just thought I would add a little note in case anyone looking in thought I was moaning about the jazz… I was going back through the years on the jazz I had put on here to find photos of Keith and have spent a lovely time scrolling through the years, how lucky have I been to have had the pleasure of the Sole Bay playing… if you have time scroll back we have had some great nights…





No comments: