Friday, June 17, 2016

Sole Bay Jazz Band and friends…

Well that was rather a hot night with the band and the weather! at The Sports Pavilion  ` last evening…

There are not windows there so the doors should be open but as people sit in front of them it is hard so as well as us fans, the poor band got rather warm, still it did not spoil the playing although I would have thought their fingers were sticky!!

A nice crowd of regular fans and some of their family members they brought along as well, nice to see 'Bud' again know how much you love the music and safe journey back home. Maureen also make sure you keep your eye on the boys at your jazz holiday! 

Thanks to my lovely raffle ticket folders good job as always also to Heidi lovely smiles, thank you to those who not only buy raffle tickets but bring gifts to help as well, thought Tim did well as I used all different colour tickets this week… keeps him on his toes…Mmm and thanks for the chocolate whoever it was won them , glad I have got more for next week like to keep finding nice goodies to have in the raffle!  Thanks to Clover and Wendy who are good at chair and table removals…Lovely to have all you ladies sitting in the middle… Fudge, loved those photos thank you and love to those lovely bundles…Oh yes and sorry Tony if I spoilt the video before I realised it was on!!!

So nice to see some of the poorly folk back again, cannot keep them down thank goodness, Wishing all those who are suffering a quick recovery we miss you.

On that subject I would just like to put on here I am sure Simon will not mind, as I am asked so often by people while I am going round getting the raffle money,' how is Simon', so have now heard from him, and he is struggling as he will do, but Kim is there looking after him and he is trying very hard to get better, it is a long job for him and the worst thing, apart from the obvious, is not being able to sing,  I told him how much we miss that, especially last night when the band played Miss Jones! But onward and upward these things can be overcome… as some of our regular people who suffer bad illness come back to jazz, but of course the singing is very hard for Simon to take, so from all of us we say …keep going Simon and hope to see you at jazz even for an hour or so in July when I know that is your target for Keith's birthday. While I am on the subject as I know Sheila looks at the blog, sending all our love to you and the family Sheila we miss you xxx

The music was great thank you gentlemen a nice mixture…Some great solo playing as well such lucky people we are to be able to listen to these talented musicians on a Thursday evening…

Thanks for reading the blog knowing I am not talking to myself is nice even though not many comments come on! maybe just as well though…

A couple of photos I know that they are not that great but my little camera does not seem to like the lighting, however at least you can see our line up for the evening… Roll on next week





2 comments:

Alan Cugnoni said...

Great blog thank you Beryl

Alifan said...

Your welcome Alan.