Friday, April 15, 2016

Fan- Tas -Tic- Jazz…

What a night of live music a good crowd enjoyed at The Sports Pavilion Ditchingham last evening.

We always have a great time with live music every Thursday night with  'The Sole Bay Jazz Band and friends', but last night somehow it turned into an even more marvellous talented evening of great music.

A good crowd came along to enjoy the night, with a few new people looking in and what a night to hear the band… Some of our regulars were on holiday but some seem to have been ill rather a long time, hope you are all getting better and will come along and join the evenings again very soon.

Tim seemed to have endless little quips to tell us about the music and some which gave us a laugh… Playing as always so well clarinet/ saxophone and keeping the guys busy with different music! even tearing up some of Tony P's chords, so funny.

Ron playing again last night… he has been all over the world  playing saxophone/clarinet and we are so happy to see him every time as he is a brilliant player.

Tony P with the trombone playing up a storm for us and the vocals were great…

Ray on Piano and oh so good to see the cornet appear for a short time, those fingers were flying last night.

Alan who gets the line up together each week, playing guitar and banjo very upbeat.

Tony J that string bass certainly got a good work out and I got a smile for the photo…

Craig, well what can one say apart from he is the best drummer around, and we were in awe last night at how he played.

Then an extra …Ron and Michelle had company from America and what a treat…a banjo player  called Howard …with a great voice so he sat in on a few numbers, very impressed, especially as he only landed at the airport a few hours before, so thank you so much.

Heidi as always keeping everyone well wetted on the inside and with a great smile…

Thanks to my raffle ticket folders, who worked hard as "the boys" are on holiday!
Thank you all as well for digging deep for the raffle, we try to make the prizes good, but of course the money also goes to help top up what we get from Jon to get these fabulous musicians play for us each week. I think we would have had to pay a lot more to hear such talent as we did last night at any other venue.
So a few photos …










No wonder you were not at Jazz boys…

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beryl,you rightly praised all the musicians playing last night, and what a night it was. They all deserved the highest praise. I just want to add one comment. I tried to learn to play the clarinet when I was in my 'teens'. ( I can't believe that was over 20 years ago!) and failed in a big way, but have remained a fan of it ever since. Although I cannot play one, I know when I hear really top playing and I heard it last night. This reached a peak when our Tim and Ron gave us a fantastic rendering of 'Who'. 'It does not get any better than that'

Alifan said...

Oh yes Les and thanks for putting that comment on, how lucky we are… always good but sometimes so special.
I feel the same about the piano as you do about the clarinet, as still stumbling trying to remember the notes that I used to play, but the musicians gets us going again to improve. As Alway lovely to know you and June are there for us all.

dive said...

I spy Valletta Harbour. Wow. I'm not at all jealous of the guys … oh, no … not a bit … not even a little bit … Dammit!

Alifan said...

Me neither boo ho x your birth place as well x

Kimbles71 said...

Hello all. I just want to thank everyone for their get well wishes on Simons behalf. He is getting there...the doctors are pleased with his progress so far considering the time span....they're really pleased.I have of course seen him every day...so I will give him your well wishes. All the messages and posts on Facebook really help him. We will be back at the jazz before you know it. Much love..Kim and Simon xxx

Kimbles71 said...

Hello all. I just want to thank everyone for their get well wishes on Simons behalf. He is getting there...the doctors are pleased with his progress so far considering the time span....they're really pleased.I have of course seen him every day...so I will give him your well wishes. All the messages and posts on Facebook really help him. We will be back at the jazz before you know it. Much love..Kim and Simon xxx