Friday, October 16, 2015

Sole Bay Jazz Band…

Last night at the Sports Pavilion Ditchingham, another different and excellent evening of live music…

Sorry here I go again! Once again spoilt for a lot of us by the constant loud chatter, but I would remind some of the lovely crowd that come to listen to the music, that although we all chat please try to not talk all the time especially when the musicians are playing solos… I feel it is very rude to do that, and we have such great fans, it does spoil it for a lot of folk…

Maybe I should try to be more tolerant but it does upset a lot of the fans…

Also this is just me  in answer to someone saying it was a public bar, I would tell him it is a Social Club that on a Thursday evening we have live music! and they say woman do all the talking! Who by the way did not talk when Stella sang a couple of songs! maybe a man thing! Rant over! 

Right back to the great evening, thanks to all the talent we had playing for us, it was a lovely evening of, as I have said, different music, great to see Bill Skinner back, playing so well…and Bill Brewer plays so many lovely notes on that trombone of his…Tim as always holding it all  together, and telling those little antidotes!! in between such talented playing… Ray on the piano seems to find so many great notes that he puts together with those clever fingers of his …really lovely…
We also had Simon to sing some great songs again for us, you know how we appreciate you Simon.

Our three at the back Alan… Craig and Tony keeping the beat as always, how lucky are we…to have live music for just the price of the raffle, which I once again thank you all for the great deep digging you do to help support the band… Also I must thank some of the fans who provide some lovely prizes to add the the raffle being so good.

Lovely evening thanks to some of my lovely friends and of course the Band…

Thanks Heidi and your helper… as always smiles …






5 comments:

Unknown said...

All seven worked so hard for us and sounded great. A pity that solos have to follow each other with out a break so that appreciation is cut short.

Alifan said...

Yes great musical night Brian…

Alan Cugnoni said...

keep the comments coming

Alifan said...

Ha ha Alan not sure they will be good after my rant!!

Alan Cugnoni said...

That's what I was hoping for, get em all going