Thursday, September 24, 2015

Farewell Keith…

Today we said goodbye to Keith Denny,  (but think his spirit will always be at the heart of his family and the jazz family) it was a pleasure to know him, he was so very good to me  I was proud that he choose me to help do a raffle which enabled the  great live music we have each week… he worked  hard making sure the books were kept right also providing the prizes, some we always had a little giggle over bless him, I will certainly miss you Keith.

He leaves dear Sheila with us all, I do not think I have ever known such a lovely lady who takes everything that is thrown at her and comes up smiling, they have been through a lot together, but the family has always come first, and he was so proud of them all.

The funeral was really a thanksgiving for his life and I cannot praise the family enough for how it was all handled, they sure know how to bring tears and laughter to life.

Thank you one and all and thank you for the wonderful wake that we all so enjoyed as it felt like it was a big celebration.

I will do a report on the wonderful evening of jazz tomorrow, think it may have been the best yet.

Thank you Sole Bay Band and friends Could imagine Keith looking down on you all and you did him proud.
*********************************************************************************
This morning I thought I would write a little more about Keith's farewell, as it was such a fitting memorial for him, as the hearse arrived at the crematorium some of his friends from the Sole Bay Jazz played  and it was very moving for everyone, Keith would have loved it…

A great service as I have mentioned and  again must say the family did him proud.

Tim played a clarinet solo with backing from Tony and Alan, as a tribute of one of Keith's favourite tunes, Si tu vois ma mere' and not many dry eyes but it was great, must have been hard for him as he was very close to Keith over the years.

Simon did a collage of some of Keith's memories of the family, well done Simon it was wonderful…and hope you do not mind me putting it on here…

I would also like to add that at the wake it was so good to see some of the dear musicians that over the years have played for us all and especially for Keith, great to see you Bill and Mike, keep well and do not leave it too long until we see you there again.

Thank you to the family for letting us all share those great memories.

2 comments:

Kimbles71 said...

This is lovely Beryl, just shows what a lovely person you are too. Many thanks, love from Kim and Simon xx

Alifan said...

Glad you liked it Kim, I thought so much of Keith will always miss him. xx