Friday, February 28, 2014

Sole Bay Talent!

Well yet another great night at the Sports Pavilion Ditchingham with the Sole Bay Jazz Band…

What a great lot of talent we have on our doorstep, a very good upbeat and happy evening with the live jazz band…

Ron was playing his new (old 1925) Saxophone, with Tim on his new (old 1926) saxophone, lots of great music from those two on the front line, with Craig, Tony and Alan backing with their usual beat, and Ray on the Piano what a line up, and then we had a visit from Simon Denny, a long time since he has come along and given us some great vocals with the Sole Bay Band, and he did a grand job, lots of different songs…

Ron also gave us a wonderful solo … new music for the band, and as  they played whilst reading the music for the first time  clever lot…, and it brought the place to a lovely quiet breathtaking moment until it finished when everyone cheered! …Thanks Ron.

Thanks to Heidi for once again keeping them all in order!

What a great crowd again this week, and I am sure they would all like to say a big thank you to the band, such a friendly venue and wonderful people come along to the Thursday night Jazz, live music is great and to have it so close to home is a real bonus…

Maybe as my photos are so bad, I am wondering if the lighting does not help. (could just be me)!I did have a word about some sort of spotlights or softer lighting, instead of the overhead light, another little something maybe good as it is difficult to see with those lights, we shall see! but it does not really detract from the playing, just us in the audience.


So if you have not been over to see and hear the Sole Bay Jazz with a different line up each week, you do not know what you are missing…

I know a lot of people are finding it hard to leave a comment on this blog, I have no idea why not as some people do manage it, but I do appreciate all those who comment even if some have to tell me and not write on the blog, so thank you, glad to be able to promote such great musicians…

5 comments:

Squit said...

I agree leaving a comment is easy peasy !

Beryl is right the music last night was 1st class the duo sax were excellent. I really wish I could play, all the musicians are really inspiring.
If the lighting could be improved you could be in downtown New Orleans. :)

Sandy said...

Yes, another brilliant night of musicality & a perfect pre-birthday 'celebration' night for me. We all had a great evening. Thanks B for the very tasty nibbles & lovely card xx

Alifan said...

Well I asked for it, Now I have to discover who
Squit is ? (as Squit is the local idium for a load of rubbish) anything to do with what I write? ha ha!

Thanks Sandy… Hope you had a great birthday…

Ruthie said...

Yeah - have to agree 'bout the lighting. The music is wonderful and a little colour could only add to the 'jazz club' atmosphere. And thanks to you Beryl your unstining work for local music - take a bow!
Chris C. Xxxx

Alifan said...

Your good idea Chris! Let us hope we can get it in hand!

Bow taken thanks, I love to try and help such talented folk.