Friday, September 30, 2011

Great night Sole Bay Lads

Where do I start this morning? Think this might be a long post..I must say that the Sole Bay Gentlemen were GREAT last night, the jazz was again different because of the line up and much enjoyed by one and all, so thank you all for a fun musical evening. I had a good one of you Bill but you moved or was it me, but good to see you again ..loved the trombone playing..
During the evening Dave took over the drums from Neil with Geoffrey on his Bass guitar playing for a session, here with them is dear Derek (love those knees )!
I make no excuse for posting this one "Father and Son"...
Could not resist this one either nice smiles, glad you all enjoyed the evening..
I was rather a way back when I took this..Mike giving us some really good songs.. nice to see you again Mike do not leave it so long next time..and Neil in the background, drummers are often hidden...as are Bass players Tony always hides, but the double bass always sounds great.
This is one I rather like, although not a great piece of camera work! but this is our Landlord, who is not really into jazz, but obviously he enjoyed last nights live music. So are you begining to like us Phil?
Thanks for the lovely food ..nice salmon yum!
Later Chris gave us a song as well....although I did not catch a good face sorry! but you sounded good, nice to see you Ruth and Chris..and thanks Rosemary for the company, of course Duncan and Colin as well..even though I do get a lot of stick!
June as always a star for taking us, think Stella had a ball!

Next week one of our dear ladies, Shiela, has to go into hospital so we wish her the very best and look forward to her returning to the fold as soon as she can, we will keep our eye on Keith!
And Don such good news, so good to see you and litle Keith, and more knees from him, certainly was like a summers night there....all those shorts!

Good to see so many fans there, look forward to next week.I make no apologies for chattering on as I hope you got that it was great Live Music with Good Company..

1 comment:

dive said...

Awesome photos. You really are getting the hang of it.
So good to see Geoffrey again, although I wouldn't have recognised him until you told me. Sheesh! I've not seen him since we were teenagers. That is one sweet bass. The Father and Son shot is fantastic.
Refreshing to see Phil applauding, too.
A wonderful evening all round.