Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Alistair

This is an old photo of Alistair and me in Norwich several years ago, he is much more handsome now and I am older and much less bubbly!

As I have often been asked how I came by the title of "cakes and al" and for those who do not know.....

In 2003 Alistair Griffin was a singer on Fame Acadamy and it being the year after I lost my John I found that watching the programme made me feel good.. Now of course Alistair would rather forget the Fame Acadamy label, but if he had not been on this I would not have met up with him or some of the wonderful people that followed him around the country.

When the programme finished I was wondering what was happening to him so I joined the fan club on the internet, much to my boys at first being rather worried that at my age I had gone a bit too far...and called myself feelgood as that is how he always made me feel when he was singing.

I thought I would never see him live, but soon some fans suggested I got on the train to York and one of the ladies who lived near here said lets go together, so after years of being a stay at home person, I turned into a travelling over the country meeting up with a good crowd some I am still in contact with..

This morning I have received a cd of Alistair, thanks to a dear friend Lesley who got to his gig the other night and bought me one..

Typical Alistair who has a wicked sense of humour it is called Mogganaut.. it is probably only on sale at the moment at the gigs...But it is great only 4 tracks but it has made me appreciate all the journeys made to see him live...

One of my Sons joined me one night when Alistair came to Norwich with Jake Humphreys (who has now gone on to be a reporter on TV...) he took the above photo and now he is a fan as well.

I hope he goes on to do more great music because he has talent, and has given me years of listening pleasure so thanks Al hope one day to see you again...

And of course the 'Cakes' piece of the title is my hobby of making and decorating cakes.

2 comments:

dive said...

Yay, Al! So good to hear he's still releasing stuff; the last song I heard was excellent.
Hee hee for cropping Jake out of the picture (especially considering he's now far more famous than Alistair).
I look forward to hearing the new songs next time I'm over.

Alifan said...

Oh that was already cropped I have the original though with Jake. he is gorgeous and so nice wasn't he....think he was tickling me when you took that photo!

Yes Al has certainly still got a good voice and Lesley said he was great live as always..

How time does fly I miss those gigs with the girls and boys, but too old nowadays will stick to jazz, ha ha..