Friday, December 17, 2010

Jazz Flixton Buck

What a night! weather was terrible but those who managed to get to come to the Buck had a warm welcome, the bar was full and all decorated for Christmas...and lovely and warm with a nice fire and lots of folk having their Christmas parties.

Sadly the long room was cool and not many of us to fill it, no decorations, and not at all feeling like Christmas BUT when the guys started playing it warmed up, really great music, very upbeat and lots of laughs so in the end we all had a great time...thanks to all the lovely people there.

Poor Phil the landlord is getting tired and still a week to go to Christmas, I know how hard it is to run a public house and do food, it gets so tiring, but you have to make the most of the folk who do turn out in all weathers and the food is really good, so Phil enjoy it, it will soon be spring! and you will be busier than ever! Sorry...just put a smile on your face and welcome us all as we love coming to see you, and do appreciate that Jazz is not your kind of music, but you would not like to be without us all! (I hope)..

I only hope everyone managed a safe journey home. I want to thank Linda for our safe ride although very slippery and slow, when we arrived at mine I stepped up to my ankles in snow! but safe, Linda took a while getting to her's but she rang to say she was home...and as I said I do hope all you others arrived without to many problems.

I hope the snow goes soon ,it is picture postcard pretty, but lethal on the roads, maybe my memory is failing but when we were young we had weather like this a lot in the winter's and the farmers used to clear the country roads, and the main roads were always clear, but of course we all have cars nowadays and journey a lot further, I do hope that those who are able to get out and about and make lots of snow men (and women)! and get the sledges out, oh those were the days when one never worried about the snow, just enjoyed it.

Jazz next week we hope ..watch this space to see who will be playing..


2 comments:

dive said...

You know how I love to say "I told you so."
Next time listen to my weather forecast.

Alifan said...

I know, but Linda was very good with the driving, and of course the lure of the music was too much, remember how many times we have been in the snow watching your band!