Sunday, July 18, 2010

Max

Morning, just had to write a little about my dear Liz's and James new baby, he is now 6 weeks old and a darling, although he does keep his Mum and Dad awake a lot.

Jan and I went to baby sit last night, and what a great evening we had, Great Auntie Beryl (that is me) had lots of cuddles, even managed to change a yukky nappy, well they do not have nappies nowadays just very cute little things, so different to the terry towels of years ago! and I managed some really nice photos, and of course we were told that he would scream and play up as he does in the evenings, maybe it was my singing? he had a little moan while waiting for his feed, so I sang (ha ha) him 'speed bonnie boat' which my boys will have a laugh at as it always managed to get them to sleep, or maybe they just went to sleep so they did not have to listen to me.....must have been a different baby as he was really good, I had to put him down after his feed, and he slept until they came home, so hope they had a better night than usual, we even managed to watch some TV and have a good chat, and Jan made a lovely supper for us, so I was completely spoilt.

It was so nice to just sit and catch up as we used to spend a lot of time together, but nowadays we always seem to be busy doing other things, so thanks Jan ,Liz, James and of course Max for a really nice evening, hope Max did not keep you awake all night guys, hope we can do it again soon..

2 comments:

dive said...

Ah, I remember the Skye Boat Song. I used to love that when I was little.
It still comes on Radio 3 from time to time which always makes me grin.

Strange that being weaned on a Royalist anthem led to me growing up a staunch anti-monarchist. Hee hee.

Alifan said...

Glad you remembered the old lullaby!

Have a good day at smallville.