Friday, July 23, 2010

Jazz and Friends

Yet another great night at the Flixton Buck with the Sole Bay Jazz playing to keep us all enjoying the music, as always the usual core Tim clarinet and sax,Tony the prof on his double bass, Alan on banjo and guitar, Neil on the drums, and guests Ray on his trumpet and cornet and Derek what sounds that man can get from a clarinet and sax, and later when I had put the camera away Tony Parsons, on his trombone and great voice. glad you look in on the blog Tony.. so thank you once again folks you are a pleasure to come and listen to.
Tony and Neil, ha ha in a fuzzy way as the photo did not come out good so thought I would tweek it a bit sorry boys, will try and take a better one on Sunday.!
Tim and his great sax playing, you look real lost there Tim!
Ray giving us some great jazz. While Derek looks relaxed.

And who yelled 'wish we had a camera'!, well you two serves you right, I could not resist this, will miss you next week Colin (and Duncan) and Heather what a little tease you are, as I have said before, an asset to the pub, as well as a great friend.

So thanks for taking us Ivan glad the girls enjoyed the company again.
Lovely to see all the great friends there, and what a good crowd this week. Look forward to next Thursday already, and we have a music Sunday this week at the Buck open air so we are hoping for good weather. get the BBQ out Phil!

3 comments:

dive said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dive said...

Yay, fun!

Cool that you had a bango player this week. I'm not entirely sure what one of those is, but it sounds like it might be a noisier cousin of the banjo.

Alifan said...

Oh dear and I thought I had checked my spelling, sorry, you would never think I was a proof reader all those years ago. whoops!better go and see if I can remember how you told me to put it right ha ha.