Friday, April 04, 2008

RUBY WEDDING

Yesterday was the Ruby Wedding Anniversary of Derek and Jan my brother and sister in law.... we went to lunch .....with Jan paying, Thanks Jan, because Liz (their daughter) and I had a surprise waiting at Liz's for later......
Liz ,Derek and Jan waiting in the conservatory in the sunshine (it snowed on their wedding day) for our lunch.....

We went to a lovely place to eat, as you can see by the setting, and I have a nice picture of the Barn, which is part of the beautiful place...but have not sorted that yet....
This is my little Liz whom I adore, with her Dad, I have a great family, my other Brother and his Wife could not come with us as Jeannie is ill....so it was just us 4, (well it cost Jan enough for lunch as it was!!!!!!)Thanks Jan.....
Not a great photo of the happy couple but I could not get near for people taking photo's

Considering Liz planned it all as a surprise, with the help of James her hubby, Cousin 's Ruth and David also Jenni and Peter (Liz's in laws) oh yes and me (Auntie Beryl) they did not have a clue....

Derek said "You wait" whoops think he was rather shocked, but have not had a telling off as yet......about 18 friends and family came in the end, it was like Surprise Surprise!!!!every time the doorbell rang ...Jan and Derek could not believe we managed to get neighbours etc together without their knowledge, only thing is they will never believe us when we tell them anything now!!!!!
This is the little cake I managed to make and keep secret from them!!!!! and for my Alistair Griffin Site friends ...at last the Poppies.......as promised.. hope they meet with your approval.. afraid the leaves did not reach the cake as they broke as I made them...but think Jan was pleased as she loves poppies...
All in all we are very tired but happy folk to have made Jan and Derek's 40 years of married life a celebration...

(Because I know you will look in Jan......Congratulations to you both, I love you and can never thank you enough for all you do for me.....and yes John was not there in person but in spirit he always is......Liz.... you are wonderful and you know how much Auntie Beryl loves you......)
so glad you liked the surprise Jan and Derek......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PatC54 said...

So pleased everything went so well and the weather was so nice for everyone...
Many Congratulations to Jan and Derek...here's to the next forty years. (wink)

As usual the cake is amazing Beryl...it was well worth the wait to see those lovely poppies...clever girl you! (hug)

Pat xx

dive said...

Congratulations to Janet and Derek and well done Elizabeth (and well done you)!
Those poppies are lovely. You led me to believe you'd made a crappy mess! Ha! I won't believe anything you tell me again.
Hee hee.

Cheltenhamdailyphoto said...

I too love Poppies. Used to live in a house called The Poppies and could i grow them there? Not at all!

This is a fab cake yet again and i'm glad you all had such a great time.

Congratulations Jan and Derek.

Alifan said...

Thanks Lynn...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scout said...

Alifan, the poppies are beautiful! You are so good with these flowers.

It looks like a wonderful day, and thanks for mentioning the 40 years. I was going to ask what a ruby anniversary is. hee hee