Sunday, April 08, 2007

Spirit of Broadway

Another star spangled celebration last night at the Marina Theatre...

Went to see "Broadway", great sound and lighting, and such energy the dancers have, wonderful costumes, terrific voices, all in all a good evening.

Songs from Hello Dolly, Cabaret, Lullaby of Broadway, Abba melody, Cats, Chicago, Grease, Phantom, and of course Les Miserables.....lots more besides, and they finished with The Rocky Horror Show, what a laugh, and good legs the transvetite had, bit of a shock I think for some of the older OAP's in the audience!!

Looking forward to next Saturday "That'll Be The Day" 50's 60's and 70's music, should be good..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I have been married for 52 years and we remember songs from all those times you mention. Now we do not know the modern music so well.

Alifan said...

Hi......Congratulations on being married 52 years, great to know in this day and age, marriages work....we had been married 46 years before John passed away, and we loved all the old music...

I have managed to keep up with some of the modern stuff, as I follow Alistair Griffin, and we have our fun web site, lots of the people go to all the new gigs around, so I keep learning....and it helps that both my sons are keen muscians....

dive said...

You should check Robyn's post today, Mum.

Anonymous said...

I returned to thank you for your visit to my blog and for the compliments you left there. Thank you.

Scout said...

What a great show--I have seen Phantom on Broadway, and I think I saw Chorus Line years and years ago in Chicago, but those are the only shows I've seen.

You are so lucky to have such a great source near by.