Thursday, March 08, 2007

Malta again Thanks to Dina


Thank you Dina for the photo's I am so happy to be reliving some lovely memories... and I hope you do not mind me borrowing this one.

The memories of this picture.. well several, it was our favourite place to have wonderful milk shakes, we used to walk into Valletta from Marsa, and sit in this great place... the pigeons were rather messy if I remember, and it certainly looks like Victoria has been cleaned up....

The Zerafa Street pictures are being well looked at, and I thank Dina again for those..

Just off Zerafa Street was Hamrun.. where there used to be a picture house, we spent a lot of hours there as well.....

In Valletta there was a NAFFI where we did some shopping, and I am sure if one of our friends who is still in contact after all those years would be pleased to record many of the cooking mistakes they had to put up with! One Christmas we bought some frozen sprouts from the NAFFI, and as I was only 19 at the time (I use that as an excuse.)...We brought some of these... and duly took them to cook for the meal for about 10 service men, who were coming to eat with us....I had a very small parrafin cooker as I have said before, and as there was rather a lot of things to cook (I must tell you about the chicken's one of these days) I left the sprouts until last, and yes you guessed they were still frozen solid when I put them on the plates, needless to say we all ended up in fits of laughter thank goodness, but it has never been forgotten...

Sorry Dive, now I cannot stop, all these memories ,so bring that scanner over asap and we must find some of the albums from the loft.....There are some really cute ones of him Ame which he will probably not let me put on here.... tee hee as you would say.....

4 comments:

Dina said...

I am so glad that these pictures are bringing good memories to you.

Dina said...

I wanted to ask you.... how long has it been since your last visit to Malta???

Alifan said...

Dina, I have not been back since we came home in 1959...

We always intended to, but the old money problems always held us back, now John has passed away and the friends we intended to go with are ill, so we never made it, but it never stopped me wondering how it looks now.
Tony our landlord sent us calendars for many years, but no idea if he is still alive....

Olympia my Maltese friend sent photos for several years, I do feel I am to blame not keeping in touch....

So you see you have brought so many memories back to me.....thank you again....

Ame said...

Hi Mum!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww...

You HAVE to put up some "cute" ones!

I wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Divey Boy you have NO say in this matter!

;)xo

PS: Going to check out your lamps now! =)))