Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Feelgood Factor

We have a Theatre about 8 miles from where I live, that is home to the British Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, as well as a great management team that brings to our out of the way part of the country a good selection of shows, some from the west end of London...also they show great films...

My sister in law Jan (who is my rock especially since my hubby passed away) and my wonderful niece Liz ( if you read this Liz, do not get a big head)....take me to some of the really good shows, last year we saw Spirit of the Dance.. which was truly spectacular, full of raw energy, terrific dancers and great light show..then Beyond the Barricade...songs from Starlight Express...Miss Saigon...Les Miserables and many more, so magic...The Orchestra show we went to performed Viennese Romance.. with Die Fledermaus,Thunder and Lightning Polka... and much more...delighted to see so many younger members as well as the older ones enjoying playing such great music...

Last night (would have been my hubby's 70th birthday) so Jan and Liz took me to see the film Miss Potter... I am sure you have heard of Beatrix Potter, and her many childrens books, about Peter Rabbit and Jemima Puddle-Duck....we were transported from London in 1902, with the younger Miss Potter, and to the Lake District where she ended her years...

We went from laughter to tears and back to laughter such a great film, real feelgood factor, the song from the film ..Show me how to Dance ..was sung by Katie Melua, and it was haunting, it stayed with me all night, and I woke with a smile on my face, what a great night, so thank you Jan and Liz for a wonderful time, made me forget all my woes..... and roll on this year, at the moment we have booked Blood Brothers....Broadway.. with highlights from the west end shows....and at Christmas the Orchestra for a gala night...

Sorry Dive for all the incorrect capitals etc, but you are the educated one, I just ramble on.....

4 comments:

Scout said...

Alifan, that sounds like a great evening. And how nice to have that resource so close. I hope you get to take full advantage of it this year.

dive said...

Robyn, I dare say the Philharmonic would welcome a guest French Horn player from across the pond.

And Mum: YOU were the one who taught me to proofread (and I've given up proofreading your blog, so don't worry).
I know you had aq great time because you've just told me all about it on the phone.
Give my love to JanJan and Lizard.

dive said...

And don't proofread my comments when I'm in typo hell like that last one … (hee hee).

Alifan said...

Thanks Robyn I will look closer at the French horns next time...

Thanks D, glad I taught you some things.....