Saturday, January 13, 2007

Busy and remembering..

Morning bloggers, been a busy bee with some housework this morning, bad back has not allowed me to do much over the past few weeks....hope yours is better Robyn....

Had a phone call from Dive, he was all cheerful, but trust me.. I have upset him with saying what I have done this morning....

The problem is I love housework, I know that is fairly unusual, but my mother in law got hold of me when I was 16, and she used to be in service, so she taught me everything about loving things like ironing and cleaning, unlike my dear mum who loved cooking, but loved people more than housework, not dirty, but untidy.....

I met Dives dad when I was at school, so by 16 we were very happy, when John's mum told she would teach me how to keep house, if I was to marry her son... wow I thought, I did not intend to marry anyone, I was going to be a dress designer....!!

I still iron shirts the same way she taught me and I am now 69!!

Well John joined the RAF when he was 17, and we did get married, when we were 19, then I went to live in Malta for 2 years with the RAF.... Dive was born out there...and I did not get to be a dress designer!!But what a happy life, I hope it was the same for Dive and Philip who came along 2 years later when we came home to England...

So Dive if you read this, sorry for all the mistakes, and sorry for upsetting you....just remember I like house work, and I have lots of time to do it nowadays...and I am not clever like you ....you like your books better.... hope you got that from me....

So enjoy your weekend... off to catch up with some more interesting blogs than mine...!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, for goodness sake!
You know full well you didn't upset me.
Now iron those shirts and get the housework done! Never mind your bad back.

Alifan said...

Thanks Son.........!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, nice to meet you Dive's MUM! I feel honored to have you visiting Santa Clara! WOW!

As a Mom to four rascals I know and appreciate a Mom's love for her boys and I must say, you should be proud--you have one nice, funny, intelligent & cute guy there! =)

Geeeeeeee, this is just so darn SPECIAL! I really hope we DO get to meet...if we have to come DRAG Dive's bum away from his cleaning and into London, we'll DO it! LOL!

Take care--OH! By all means, know you're automatically invited to join in the fun too!

Toodles!
Ame =)
xo

Anonymous said...

I hope your back does not keep you from doing the things you enjoy this week. Mine is much better.

My mother wasn't very tidy either, always leaving toothpicks on the end tables, but she did teach me to do laundry at least.

Alifan said...

Thank you girls, very nice to be included in your blogging!...

Yes I am very proud of my boys......

Back a lot better thanks.... been busy with cakes this morning, nice to pop on here and see someone on my posts..