Thursday, August 06, 2020

Sole Bay Jazz Band…

Another Thursday without our lovely Sole Bay Jazz evening, but I do hope all you Jazzers are staying safe and well, and practising …hopefully enjoying music wherever you can.

Nice to hear from a few of the jazz fans, also good to see that some bands are managing to play outside for a small gig, so here is hoping!!! watch this space.

I had a lovely phone call from Roy Symonds he is managing his illness and missing being able to play anymore, however he is doing well bless him and sends his best to all who know him, he is like all of us missing hugs, ……

I had a little browse through some old jazz posts, did not find any from Tally Ho …but Simon Denny did and put it on FB so that was great…Neil…Pete… Tim… Ray…Alan…among others.

If any of you who do look in here. if there are any news you want to add just contact me, and thank you to all who do look in.

I did however find some great shirts again have I got a theme going here? this week it is Blue shirts…think I prefer those to the check ones!!! Enjoy.







7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice photo's again Beryl, i'm glad you didnt get shirty , Tony x

Alifan said...

Ha ha nice theme though just a little something to keep them interested!

alan said...

Thanks as always Beryl, keep up the good work, who knows at how it will al pan out, one thing for sure I have lost all my precious callouses

Best wishes to all who log in

Alan

Alifan said...

Oh Alan you will have a painful start then……Thanks for comment think Tony and me have tried hard to keep people thinking 'Sole Bay Jazz…'

Alan Cugnoni said...

You have done a great job, Ian sure we will be able to get something sorted.
Alan

TuCods said...

Hello Beryl - this might be both a little late and a little premature, but never mind, hopefully helps to keep momentum going. I need to add my word to others in saying thanks for your efforts, and maybe there could be some suggestions to keep your blog on the go, if anybody has them! There is a couple of things that need to be advance signaled, and I make no apologies for mentioning these. Hope I have all the info correct -

16th August - BERYL'S BIRTHDAY. *****+++++!!!!!
and today (11th), LEONIE GODFREY HAS A BIRTHDAY - another long standing Sole Bay supporter.

The numbers remain top secret.

No doubt I will be chastised for mentioning these two items, but it is all in the 'best possible taste' (Anybody remember who said that?)

Regards to all, Neil

Alifan said...

Ha ha hello young man nice to see you on here again… Yes Leonie has a birthday today, and thank you for reminding me of mine, but at least I am alive and still loving writing my blog,so nice to know people read it, even if as one of my Sons and Tony Parsons used to say how much I over use ellipsis ha ha…

I miss you, Sandy and everyone from Jazz, and so glad some keep in contact, maybe one day we can have an outside gig where we can meet up again, but would want to hug everyone!!!!!Like dear Roy is always saying he misses the hugs.

So my friend thank you again and here is to them finding an end to this virus before we all get so much older. lots of love…