Friday, April 19, 2019

Sole Bay Jazz Band and guests…

That was a great night of live music and singing from the Sole Bay Jazz Band and guests at The Sports Pavilion Ditchingham last evening.

Great to hear lots of different tunes jazz and blues  with  some very talented playing from our regular band and Martin coming along again to guest, with Simon Denny in fine voice and Barry (not in his hat) great vocals, and singing an old girl guides song, we just needed the bonfire!!!It was a very lovely evening

I know I say it a lot but it is truly wonderful to have the band playing for us each week we are so lucky, and what a great crowd it is picking up nicely again now Spring is here, so thank you all for coming hope you enjoyed the music as much as I did.

Again thank you all for digging deep for the raffle, a great raffle last night again lots of good prizes…thanks to Christine and Clover. Of course thank you to Don and Duncan for folding all those tickets…

So nice to have Kim coming along with Simon, Sheila did not feel up to it, but know you look in here Sheila so we do miss you, sending lots of hugs and hope to see you soon.

Thanks for the good company last evening… missed my side kick …get better soon…and for Holly who did great work behind the bar.

For all those unwell hurry up and get better .

I will just mention Irene Oxborough  her passing is a sad loss she loved the jazz and she will be missed especially by our great coven table. She joins all those jazzers who look down on us each week.

Wishing everyone a very Happy and Healthy Easter…

Fudge has some great photos on FB, my little camera did it's best! Sorry I did not get one of all the band, but Fudge did…I may pop and borrow it to add at a later date for those who do not do FB







2 comments:

TuCods said...

Thank you, Beryl, for giving a mention of Irene Oxborough. The news of her passing was indeed a shock to our "coven" crowd - no offence taken to that loose description of course.

Irene was indeed a dedicated jazz follower. The Sole Bay Band (in all the varied line-ups) would, I am sure, have shared a space at the top of her list. Condolences go to her husband Mike, who has contributed a large measure of effort in looking after Irene during her disabilities. I am sure I speak for all of us who were privileged to know her in making these comments.

I beg to take a little extra space in mentioning the date of Irene's sad death. This has now been correctly announced in the press as the 13th April, NOT the 12th, as I had previously understood. The funeral will take place at the Beccles church of St Michaels, 8th May, 12 noon.

Best regards to all, Neil B

Alifan said...

Thanks Neil you know I love all the coven crowd… no offence meant! I have known Irene for many years and hope she is now at peace without pain x