Friday, August 17, 2018

Sole Bay Jazz Band…

I am not quite sure where to start this week with my diary, as last night was not only a special night for me as many of them are…at the Sports Pavilion Ditchingham…but it was The Sole Bay Jazz Band giving us a really great evening of Talent…Fun…Laughter and much more…

Thank you everyone who made my night extra special with all your lovely cards, wishes, presents…and thank you band for my 'Happy Birthday song' also Tim for saying I work hard for the band, I would not say that …but I do know over the years I have loved being a little part of being able to help the band continue to play every Thursday evening. Keith ensured we started the raffle all that time ago and it has been worthwhile to help keep the music going…

I loved the sounds last night, and great to have Tony P back in the line up once again, love it when the words may not come in the songs the fun you bring is great…Tim as always such a talent and loved to see the Baritone out again…great clarinet solo…Ray those fingers were flying last evening even more than usual…Alan who gets the line up each week …enjoying his guitar and banjo…Tony J lovely bass…and of course Craig those drums were making a great sound…

We had a Barry come along and took over the bass for a while …… we also had  Barry our man in black who was wearing Blue!!!!singing for us…

A great raffle,  thank you all for digging deep and lovely that so many turned up last night…thanks to Clover and Christine for doing the raffle…of course for our 'boys' who fold all those tickets…

Missed a few of our friends who are away helping with the Scouts ……sorry …but you missed a great night!!! 

But glad to see some folk who had not been along for a while coming to hear a great night of music.






No comments: