Friday, May 08, 2015

Jazz with Fun…

The evening at the Sports Pavilion Ditchingham, saw another good crowd attending to hear the jazz, and several newcomers, some of the regulars could hardly find a seat…I Suppose we ought to try and get people to bring there own. Some of them do already I noted.

Great that people are turning up for Live Music and they certainly got it last night, Allan who was heading the band  kept the party going, and each member of the band did some great solo music, really wonderful playing some I had not heard for ages. so thanks band you did great. Craig Tony Alan beating out at the back with Trummy the man with so many notes that come from the trombone and the arsonium as Tim calls it, Derek  as always giving his all, great round of appreciation for you well deserved. Thanks Allan B well done.

Thanks to everyone who came to me for raffle tickets, (thanks for Jazz Janet who helped with some, and Jan and Don who helped with the folding…) hope the old back improves so I can come to you again in future, still Allan had a real laugh about me, all in fun! well at least I hope it was…Thanks as always to Keith and Sheila it takes a lot of arranging these raffles.

So good that Simon was able to come and sing for us again, thanks Simon always a pleasure … Allan did not do so bad either with his songs… although he did put our Alan through the mill, with some remarks but all taken very well, not sure about some of the jokes but no one took offence! Least of all Alan with his computer full of different keys to play the music from.

Not so much talking this week so everyone able to listen which is good.

Nice to see Jean back even with her broken wrist hope it gets better real soon Jean. Hope the music cheered you up.

Hope to see you all next week, another line up Alan will be finding for us.

Good luck to our Heidi who is doing her Moonwalk for Cancer next week we all wish you well my dear, and look forward to hearing all about it.

Fudge may have some photos as I did not get my camera out, if she manages to send them I will add them otherwise you will not see our merry band if you were not there!

Oh yes and thanks Neil for thinking I looked demure and small in my old school photo, I was very quiet and shy once, now then no comment!   that is a great site The Views of old Beccles, especially as I now seem to be one ha ha…

Fudge sent me some of her photos…Not bad at all Fudge thanks so much… just picked a few…




1 comment:

Alan Cugnoni said...

Nice write up Beryl my thanks to all "our team" for making it a great night

Alan